Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bike Ride

Sunday September 16th, 2007

So my host parents took me on a bike ride to my host dad's cousin's house. I rode tandem with my host sister. Its a two person bike! it was so much fun! i think the only reason i survived the bike ride was bc i had help or i was doing the helping. my host sister had the control of the bike! haha Its really kinda hard to ride tandem bc if you ride in the back you cant really move the handle bars bc you dont go anywhere but you distrub the balance of the bike. The total distance of the ride was 43 km which is about 27 miles! I couldnt believe that i did that! My butt hurts a whole lot right now though! It was really cool though, bc i was able to see lots of the country side! At my host dad's cousin's house, we had brunch. It consisted of bread, yogurt, fruits, egg thing, meatbread thing. and cheese! it was actually really delicious! after brunch, we just relaxed for a little bit. i sat in the sun and fell asleep. my host parents played some game though. it was really nice in the sun. i felt like i was in texas again. haha i actually got a little red from being in the sun. But dont worry mom, i had some sunscreen on! haha after a couple of hours we headed back to burgdorf. on the way back we stopped at a castle. it was absolutely amazing!! i was really mad at myself though bc i didnt have my camera. the battery died the night before. My host dad got a picture of me on the bike though, so ill have to get it from him so i can share it with yall. anyways...the castle was sooo cool. i wanna go back there so i can take some pictures! haha but ya thats what sunday was like.

Right now im currently on fall break until the 15th of October!! whoo!! im really excited. i havent done much. I went to bern and shoppped but thats it. I bought a rain jacket from H&M, its really cute!! haha I might be going to germany with another exchange student and her family. im reallly excited! but its not for sure yet. well i think thats all for now. im gonna try to write more often that way each time i dont have to stuff a bunch of stuff into one entry! haha

i love yall and miss yall!

No comments: