Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FULL MOON!!!!

so its been about 6 months since ive been in switzerland, and tonight was by far one of the best of so far. wanna know why???

well too bad im gonna tell you anyways! haha so tonight i went on night snow shoe tour (side note: i had to kinda think hard just then to write that last part in english...wow....) with my first host rents, erika & urs, my second host mom regina and regina's friend, her name just totallly left my mind. lol anyways, we started our adventure around 7 pm. we drove for about an hour to the schwarzsee area, in the near from fribourg. it was an interesting car ride bc they mainly talked in swiss german which now im beginning to understand so its worth my time to listen. its like a game i play with myself. who's saying what? haha its fun and it keeps me occupied, otherwise my wonders, which isnt always bad but sometimes it wonders too far.

anyways, we finally arrived at our destination at around 8. we drove up a good portion of the mountain on this little road. you really arent supposed to drive on this road, but since it was night time, my host dad drove on it anyways. he said there wouldnt be any people around and he was actually totally right!! so we just parked in the road. haha there wasnt that much snow. but enough for us to do our tour. so we put on our boots, by the way i have officially worn Swiss Army Boots!! ha beat that!! :) and then we put on our special snow shoes basically made of plastic and metal. they look rather funny!! haha

the weather was GORGEOUS!!! it was clear and crisp and as always rather cold. but luckily i had several layers on, including the infamous bright purple snow pants that i borrow from my first host fam. haha as always i didnt match but ive learned to get over that bc i basically have no choice!! haha for the first bit it wasnt too hard. but after about 30 mins or so, it got really difficult. i had to go behind my host dad in order to make it easier to walk. i got a little scared because it was sooooooooo steep!! i then started tearing up, being on your period doesnt really help the situation either. but i quickly got over that bc then we were almost to the top and the worst part was finally behind me.

everything was breathtaking after that. we were in the same area as the first time i went snow shoeing. i cant even begin to describe how amazing the mountains look in moonlight. i had tried to get a good picture by playing around with the settings on my camera. but was just getting nothing. it kinda made me angry bc i wanted to share god's beauty with yall. however, it then donned on me that god wants me to just take in his beauty for myself. i know that sounds selfish but thats what i thought. i guess more or less i thought of it in the sense that god wants us to simply enjoy his creation, nothing else. no photos or anything. so thats what i did. i enjoyed the beautiful full moon, snowy mountains, and shining stars.

so then we walked down the other side of the mountain to where a house was, and there we had CHEESE FONDUE outdoors on top of a mountain!!!! sooooo gorgeous! and gemuetlich!!!!(pleasant) like it was just amazing!! it was a little cold but thats okay, i have pretty much have gotten used to the cold now. we had warm tea as well. and then for desert we had fruit salad which was delicious!!

i just couldnt stop loooking at the scenery bc it was sooo gorgeous. then my host fams started singing german songs....so naturally i just listened bc i didnt know the songs. but it was nice listening to them. haah then i tried calling mom to wish her happy birthday from a mountain but she didnt bother picking up her phone and i tried several places...work, cell and home. crazy!!! by the way....mom did you get my messages??

so then we made our way down the mountain which is always the fun part!! i even led the way....which wasnt too hard!! haha i basically just kept walking and i figured if i did something wrong my host rents would say something. haha

but all in all this was a good evening.....something to definetly remember!! and i also had a good convo with god. gotta love those!!!

well hope all is well with you!!! much love!!! ♥

1 comment:

Emily Edmonson said...

Hey, Amarette,
Just read your notes on your beautiful mountain trip. You described it so beautifully and I really could visualize what it was like. So crisp, so clear and the star twinkling so brightly. I can appreciate your convo with God. I am sure he was very pleased with your thoughts. It is often better to be alone with Him and His beauty rather than sharing with other people. I think it brings you closer to Him. I can't believe that it is already March 1st. We are going to Katie's wedding today. Also, Torrie Weaver is getting married at the Guadalupe River Ranch. We may be able to catch the tail end of her wedding since it starts later. Katie is at 4:30. Alyssa is coming with us.Did you get our birthday package? I sent it about 10 days before your birthday but I did't expect it to arrive on time. I hope you finally got it. Let me know. Joel did his presentation at Rotary about his home town and where he goes to school. His town is called Worton or something like that. Also very beautiful surrounded by mountains. Of course boy don't see the beauty of it all but he had great pictures. We miss you and will be glad when you come home although you will then be so busy we may only get a glimpse here and there. I am glad this trip has turned out to be everything you expected and more. Life is good and we are all so blessed to have the freedom to travel and see the world. Talk to you soon. Dad sends his love. I will never get him to type you a letter, he just isn't up to it.
Love you and miss you sooooo much,
Em and Dad