Sunday, December 23, 2007

brit brat visits swiss miss :)

So wow! its been a busy last week!!!

My favorite cousin chloe came to visit me!!! It was amazing!!! we didnt do a whole lot, but definetly talked A WHOLE LOT!! it was really nice to see a family member close to the holidays. She flew into basel and i met her at the airport!! it was..ahh..amazing! haha well we came back to burgdorf and she met my host rents and host sister....then me and chloe had fondue for dinner...my parents were going out for the night. so we had some delicious fondue...and then we went to B5, a local cafe/bar to have a hot chocolate with a friend from my school. ahhh!! it was fun. on sunday...we went snow shoeing!! oh so much fun!! haha then went to a classical music christmas concert in bern with my host rents. it was really cool...it was in munster which is the big church in bern. and then after the concert me and chloe went to dinner...we had some yummy italian!!! ahhh! sooo good!! then i showed her around bern a little...not much though..it was sunday...lots of things closed..and it was freezing cold!! haha monday....we slept in and then had lunch with the host rents, i showed her around burgdorf...and then we had dinner and played eile mit weile. lots of fun! then tuesday she left :( it was soooo nice to have a visit from her!! its hard to describe! it was also cool to show someone from back home into my life.


^pics from Chloe's Visit!!!


so thats about it from chloe's visit. so this week was the last week before christmas break!! so not much was happening in school!! i made chocolate chip cookies for my whole class and i also gave everyone a boerne pencil!! haha it was fun to do little gifts for them! this batch of cookies i made turned out to be the best ive made so far in switzerland. my host family really likes them too!! and even my councelor!! haha


so yesterday was pretty uneventful...i had an exchange friend over....we just watched movies..and hung out...it was rather pleasant!! haha
So today was the family dinner with Erika's family(erika is my host mom). I didnt have much time to get ready bc i wasnt really informed about what time we were leaving..so i had like ten mins to take a shower and what not...(side note: YOU MUST dry your hair before leaving the house...its wayy too cold to not dry your hair). however, i managed to get ready in that short amount of time...even with dried hair! lol oh and i was also informed that my host dad, me and my host sis kathrin were walking to my host aunt's house which is in Hasle-R-something...haha anyways...its not exactly super close to our house either. but whatever i wasnt gonna complain...the walk started out cold...but quickly got really warm..i had to walk super fast bc my host dad and kathrin both have rather long legs and i dont! haha so ya...but the walk was really pretty....it took us like an hour to get there....but it was a good walk!! so there were lots of people there that i didnt know....erika has one brother and one sister. erika's brother is named peter and has 2 kids....erika's sister is named regina and has 4 kids i think...haha so ya...it was cool to meet all the family. i really love my host family they're sooo amazing!! it was soo cute today...bc my host dad said that i was now from Burgdorf!! haha oh...man! im really gonna miss them when i change families!! so today included lots of eating...lots of christmas cookies and lots of family. we can home and then watched a cute movie..it was in bern german, high german and a little bit of english. it was really cute though!!

i probably could write about every detail of today...but that might get boring. haha

so its weird....there's a certain air of change lingering right now!! like its really weird!! but im glad!! im ready to begin a new year!! can you believe that i'll be home in just about 7 months!! CRAZY!! time sure does fly!!!
much love to everyone!!!!

No comments: