Saturday, January 5, 2008

CHHHHAAAANNNGGEESSSS!!!

today is the official last day with the schneider family and tomorrow is the 5 month mark!

wow i cant believe its already time for me to switch host families. the past 5 months have beeen amazing. the schneider family has truely been amazing. i feel like im part of their family which means a lot! i was lucky enough to have a big brother. he always teased me but despite that i really do like him!! urs and erika are so great too!! my host sisters theres and kathrin were great too although i didnt nearly see them as much bc they live and go to schoool in lausanne. im rather sad to leave them bc they're so awesome. however i know my next host family is going to be great too. im ready for a change now. it feels like this is a turning point in my year. my german is improving, although its not perfect. im learning more and more each day.

so it was so weird last night finishing packing. it made me think of when i was packing baack in august. this time was a little bit easier bc i knew i had to take everything. haha but i have accumulated so much stuff since then!!! ahhh!! i dont know what im gonna do when i have to pack to go back to the states! ahhhh!! dont wanna think about that right now!!!!

well thats all for now i guess...my next post will be from my second host home!!! whooo!!!

i love yalll and miss yall!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl. You are having such a great time. Your stories are wonderful and it is almost like seeing a movie about a young, beautiful girl who goes to a fantasy place and has all the best things happen to her. What a special time in your life. We have really been having a great time here too. The Christmas holidays in Dallas with the family were just wonderful and my newest grandson, Blake is a very happy baby. I can't wait to see him again. We are hoping to go up to Dallas again the end of this month. Work has started to get real busy. I have two new agents I have been training and I am interviewing two more. I will also be doing year end reviews and I am afraid I am going to let some people go. The new office in Bandera is going up fast and I have lots to do to make that work. I will have to start looking for furniture and all new equipment. It is a really big expense but you can't grow if you don't take a step and accept the challenge. I know God is for me so I am confident that I will find the money to pay for everything and I will find the people to work in that office. The real estate market has been very slow and not much activity since July however it looks like it is bedginning to pick up. Lorraine's spirits are very good, better than Bruce so keep on praying for her. She is going to begin her chemotherapy next week and that will probably go on for several months. After that, they will do some radiation to make sure there is no chance of spreading. She is handling the lack of one breast very well. She stopped smoking which is great because you can't smoke when you have cancer. They do believe they got it all from the breast area but the lymph area is still where they want to watch and do the radiation. I believe God has already healed her and that she will be restored to her full health. Right now I am home alone. Alyssa went to church and is staying for the later session to watch kids.Dad went to my office to take down the outside Christmas lights. We have lots of stuff on the calendar coming up to keep us busy. I am going to be spending more time in Bandera attending functions over there to get my face and name known. Andy is going to run that office for me and he has been such a big help. He is pretty clever and has a great mind for marketing. We enjoy having Alyssa here, we have a really nice time in conversation and she is maturing quite a bit. A lot more fun to be with than a year or so ago. She has some very nice friends and we enjoy having them over here too. I haven't done anything about making plans to come to Switzerland, I am concerned about the new office opening, Lorraine's health while she is going through chemo and the expense as well. We may not be able to come and see you but I am not ruling it out. God knows what I need and if He sees fit to provide the extra money to do everything I need to accomplish this spring then we will come. I will keep you posted on that subject. Let us know after you get settled in with your new host family and tell us all about them. We miss you and love you and really enjoy your blog. Love from me and Dad.