Sunday, August 26, 2007

Adventure with Natasha

So Saturday 8/25 my host parents were working, so they suggested that i go on a train ride since im able to with my GA. So my host dad planned a route for me and told me to invite another exchange student. So i invited Natasha, she is from Canada and lives about 10 mins from Burgdorf. However, her host parents said that it wouldnt be a good idea to take the train on the route we were going on bc it was such a pretty day and its still tourist season so the train would be packed and hott!! they dont have ac here! well they do but its not a very common thing! anyways, her host parents suggested that we go to Gurten. Its a hill in Bern that you take a tram up to the top and then you can see all of Bern from the top. We even go to see the alps!! Which was my first time to see them!! They're AMAZING!! God has created some pretty amazing things on this earth and im glad i am able to enjoy them! There was also an aweosme playground up there too!! I wish i was little again!! haha So we walked around the hill and saw all the sides of it. There was even a cool field, which would be PERFECT for ultimate frisbee!! I need to find a frisbee and a group of people to play with! Well after we walked around we decided to head back to the train station. We decided to go to Thun, which is about a 2o min train ride. We had to stand up though bc there was soo many people on the train. We got off the train and then went to COOP and got a sandwich. But we were gonna try to find a cafe and then after a failed attempt, we decided it would be much easier to just buy a sandwich and then just sit along the river. The river was soo cool there. I want to go back to Thun. It seems like a really cool place. After we ate, we went to find a gelato place. Natasha had been to Thun before so she knew where the gelato place was. We were successful at getting gelato. I even used my german to ask for a spoon!! haha The gelato was sooo GOOODD!! haha it was italian gelato!! haha and it was only like 3 franks which is REALLY good!! but then we headed back to the train station to head back home. I had lots of fun on my adventure. I felt like i accomplished a lot!





Later Saturday night, my host sister took me to this festival going on in Burgdorf. It was fun. It reminded me of Berges Fest minus the beauty pageant and parade! I just wish I could've gone with my people my age. I went with my oldest host sister who is 25 so everyone was a lot older than me. But thats okay i still had fun and i got out of the house for a little bit.



^me and natasha on the tram!! ^the city of Bern!


^the alps!! ^THUN!!!


if you want to see some more awesome pics, go to the following url:
http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001312&l=b0327&id=1517040103

hope all is well with everyone! love yall!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous of you!! I just wanted to let you know that. Oh and I miss you. I can't wait to come visit and for you to come home. ;) I love you and miss you very much. Keep the blogging and the photos coming. Love, Catherine