Friday, August 17, 2007

I HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

hey everyone!! okay so i have been in switzerland for 13 days now!! i absolutely LOVE it here!! its sooo pretty!! the people are really nice. My host family is sooo nice!! they're really helpful!! well my host brother likes to trick me!! haha but its fun! the family has a good sense of humor too!!! i had my first official Burgdorf Rotary Club meeting the second day i got here! It was actually more social then a meeting. It was a birthday party for a Rotarian that is a Farmer. It was really fun. I had rachlet!! Its basically melted cheese served with potatoes! They eat sooo much cheese!! Other than cheese, they also eat a lot of sausage, bread, fruit, yogurt, and salad. haha but i really like the food for the most part!!



ive been to bern several times. my language crash course is there. i ride the train everyday!! its sooo cool!! public transportation here is sooo AMAZING!! like i cant believe it! and i also can ride the train all over switzerland bc i have GA!! its so nice! i can ride boats and buses too! haha the language course is helping a whole lot! im learning lots each day.

my host family took me to a play that was on a working farm. it was really interesting!! i didnt understand very much because it was in high german but i liked it! i understood what was going just based on the actions. it was about a love story. it was set back in like the 1600s or something. tomorrow they're taking me to a mountain!!! im really excited.

i think thats prettty much all i've done here. im still trying to get used to the time change. my biological clock is still set to texas time!! haha but my room is reallly cute much smalller than mine at home! haha but i like it.everything is so much smaller!! haha im really glad i dont have to drive here bc the roads are SUPER small!! i open the windows like every night!!

my host dad also gave me a bike to use. it was one of my host siblings old bike. its really nice. i get to ride my bike to school everyday!! whoooo!!

my rotary counselor is super nice!! i like him a lot!! hes been very helpful!!! actuallly everyone has been reallly helpful.

oh and today i made Zupfe (pronounce ZOOPFUH! ) haha its like braided bread. illl take some pictures when its done! its baking right now!!! my host dad said it looks really goood, especially since it was my first time to make it! haha

my host parents liked the BBQ sauce i brought them. We hate it with pork chops, so it wasn't exactly like at home, but it was still very goood. oh, and i have eaten horse too!! i know what you're thinking, how can i do that? haha its really goood actually!! my host mom says that horse is happy meat but cow isnt hahah!!

well thats all for now...i'll try to be better about writing on here. maybe like once or sometimes twice a week!

i love yall and miss everyone! but im having a BLAST!!

here are some pictures:

my house!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
my street!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
a church
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Burgdorf from the castle
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Burgdorf
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

the castle
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
the emme river (it runs kinda behind my house!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
mein velo!! (my bike)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

if you want to see more pictures visit the following websites:

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001258&l=72b95&id=1517040103

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001261&l=cf5c7&id=1517040103

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001279&l=9d519&id=1517040103

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001282&l=2aebe&id=1517040103

No comments: