Monday, August 20, 2007

Mt. Gantrisch

Yesterday, my host parents took me hiking on Mt Gantrisch which It is 2160 m or about 7086 ft. We had to drive about an hour to get there. We left early in the morning too so i was super sleepy because the night before I was out till 1200 with some other exchange students. It was absolutely amazing!! Suprisingly, it wasnt very hard either. The weather was kinda bad though. My host mom had packed us a little lunch. Once we got to the place where a local farmer sells locally made cheese and other foood, we decided to stop and take a break. However, my host dad went to get the food out of the backpack and it wasnt there. He said it was my host mom's responsibilty to put it in the backpack. So we just bought some cheese, bread and chocolate from the farmer. I didnt really like the cheese, and thats like all we ever eat!! haha Anyways, well when we got home we loooked for the packed lunch and couldnt find it in the house. My host mom looked in the backpack and it was in there the whole time! haha It was hilarious!! The mountain was absolutely amazing! I didnt get to see the alps though! :( i havent really seen them yet. The mountains i see are the Jura. and then there are hills around my town. My host dad says that this is the flat part of switzerland and i was like really?? it doesnt look like it!! haha But we didnt make it to the top bc the weather was getting worse and we needed to get down the mountain before it started raining. We took a different way down and went by a lake!! It was GORGEOUS!!! On the way home, we stopped at a restaurant and we ate bread with melted cheese on it and salad. it was actually really good. I am sore today, but its really not that bad! well i have to go. i wanted to put pictures on here but i ran out of time. so here is the url that you can view all of my pictures that i took. if i have time later ill come back and put some up but for now just go to the link!
http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001287&l=e56a2&id=1517040103

ps you can leave me a comment if you want...you dont have to have a blog account to do so!

love yall!!

No comments: