Sunday, August 26, 2007

Calf Birthday!!

Sunday August 26, 2007

So i finally got to sleep in a little bit today! I was really excited about that!! haha I didnt do much today. My host families neighborhood was having its Quartirie Festival which is pretty much like a Block Party. I went with my host dad, my host mom was sick. :( But the block party was really fun though. They had good food! BBQ!! but its nothing like BBQ from texas!! haha but its still tasty! They also had potatoe salad but its not the same either. haha They had these really cool toys for the kids. Me and my host sister, Kathrin, played on them!! haha We also played Fussball! it was lots of fun even though im not good!! haha But after that i went home and just relaxed at home. I had homework from my language course that i worked on as well.

Well around 5, a farmer called my host dad saying that a cow was in labor. He asked me if I wanted to go with him, and i said why not. I didnt have anything better to do. Plus i thought it would be a good chance to see the country side. So i went along on the adventure, and it was definlety an adventure. haha I have never seen a calf being born before. I saw everything. My host dad even asked me to help! So i not only saw something amazing happen, i was a part of it as well. I was really suprised i didnt pass out or anything because im not an animal medicine person!! haha My host dad says that im gonna be a coffee drinking, big animal vet by the end of the year. haha maybe a coffee drinker but probably not a vet. haha i dont have any pics of this so sorry!! haha but the country side is amazing! ill have to go again so i can get some pics!

Well thats all for now. This week is gonna be my last week of language course!! whoo!!! Ill start real school after this week! Im really excited about it because im ready to meet people my age but im nervous at the same time. The language is still hard, its getting better though.

Well ill right again soon! and maybe put up some more pics!!

1 comment:

Arlene Converse said...

Hi Amarette, it's Arlene. I finally found your website and was so excited to see what a wonderful and adventureous time you are having. I envy you! I would love to be there with you and enjoy the adventure of everything around you being new and different. Your pictures are absolutely breathtaking. There is no way that I can go see you with Emily and your Dad but your blog sure makes things tempting!! Never doubt that you are missed here but enjoy your time in Switzerland and take in all the new adventures. Those memories will last a lifetime and you will enjoy telling everyone down the road all about your time in Switzerland. Take care, we miss you and love you! Arlene